Small business owners can look forward to a new Conservative government repealing Justin Trudeau’s tax increases and cutting red tape.
Not only are small businesses victim to the Trudeau government’s tax hikes, small businesses across the country are also struggling under a massive regulatory burden. Justin Trudeau has imposed more than 4,300 job-killing, growth-choking federal regulations on Canadian business since 2015.
A new Conservative government will take several measures to support our small businesses:
- Repeal Trudeau’s tax increases on small business investments
- Exempt spouses from Trudeau’s tax increases on small business dividends
- Make it easier to navigate Canada’s tax system and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Reduce federal regulations by 25 per cent
- Implement a 2-for-1 rule for new regulations
- Assign a Minister reporting directly to the Prime Minister to lead red tape reduction efforts
- Mandate ministers and regulators to support innovation, economic growth, and global competitiveness
- Champion Canada’s small businesses to the world
A new Conservative government will continue to celebrate small businesses as drivers of prosperity, and not view them merely as sources of revenue.